Thursday, November 7, 2013

Key Biscayne with Fountain Pen

There is nothing that I love more, besides playing music or visiting natural reserves and the sea of course, than writing with my fountain pens. In this instance I bring my cheap collection of plastics Lamys that I bough at the art store. I use to paint and draw and mostly I loved doing watercolours. There was a period of my life that I wasn't doing music, though that is hard to believe, and I had plenty of time in college doing my essays and art. I lived in a very colourful nature filled area -- that has disappeared. And even further back it was even more incredible but people have little idea of what they lost to silly overcrowding. I bring my pens with books and write for hours and walk the surf. If I go with someone I usually don't bring those things, so there is a good thing to being alone and being with company too. I love Key Biscayne that is very near. I use to work in that area too, but it definitely was better back then. I never brought an instrument though I have thought of bring a ukulele all my instruments are expensive and haven't fixed the less expensive ones. What I come back home is great poetry and one can look at it, rewrite it, but it is always fun like a moment photograph of that experience. (The picture was a few weeks ago when I was last there.)