Thursday, November 7, 2013

The Doctor's Office

11/4/13
The other day I brought someone to the doctor and quickly I met this lady who said, “it is amazing that you are reading from a book, I don’t see that any more, if anyone reads it from machines.”
                “I buy my books in Ebay or the thrift store, but the thrift store I don’t know what surprise I am going to get.”
                The lady brought up Lincoln Mall, maybe because she had her girlfriend beside her. 
                “I like going to Lincoln a lot,” didn’t tell her how much I like the rest around it even more.
                “I remember Lincoln in the 60’s.”
                Wow, I thought this lady is very old but she looks young, maybe because of her dyed hair.
                “I was in Lincoln in the 80’s but I don’t think there isn’t many stores of back then now, everything is new.”
                “No there are a few old stores like the one that sells ties.”
                Then she talked to me about Nat King Cole and the 40’s and I was freaked out that she could be that old. Her girlfriend said, don’t worry she is 57. All this time she was in an oxygen machine breathing in and out and the valve could be heard. I asked her what she had, did she smoke?”
                “No, I have Alpha l a rare disease.”
                “Do you get to the point that you can’t breathe at all?”
                “Yes, it gets very bad.”

                She for some reason brought up the Bolero(1928)of Ravel and said that was ancient music. I thought to myself silently that isn’t that old. I told her that I was into classical. She said that was great. She loved Brahms. Both went inside the doctor’s(gynaecologists)office.