Friday, November 8, 2013

End of the Day


Beautiful morning that was all deep grey the whole day. They were playing this Bax viola sonata. There has been no sign of the sun for a few days and not much rain. The meal has been eaten and cleaned as usual. Aurora I been hearing much her piano playing from upstairs she has a lovely sound. It is a mesmerizing sound that fits well with the evening. One sometimes hear her in the morning. I don't know how she does it being twice as old as I am. She retired from teaching piano in Chicago, IL, where my uncle worked, and owned a store. She remembers how my uncle loved Mahler and the old 78 that he had, and threw them out to the thrift stores(never seen anything like them). He was in the Korean war in the Navy and his buddies were killed in the ship. It is another night of listening to Aurora play those beautiful melodies from her upstairs room.