Saturday, April 9, 2011

Young Dead Soldier


The area around the lake is a strange place, for there was living a young man that was homeless and had no family. How he got there was not in the news, but he must have got there probably from Cuba or another South American country? I noticed that there was a young man living in the bushes just behind the pines. I didn’t want to disturb. I wasn’t going there often like I did when I was a teen. In those times there was a flute player that came across from the street with two girls to play flute.
This time I passed through but he wasn’t there, but I noticed there was a red picnic cloth with elaborate fruits and cheeses. Apples, kiwis, grapes, cheddar, mozzarella ball, two breads and very surprisingly a bottle of wine, food was well sealed from insects, but who was this really for, a love affair, or the young man?
Then I heard the young man joined the army. I had heard about this because it was in the news, he had been killed in action. Could he have been better homeless under a tree? Everyone has a choice of where they are going, but to seek a safer economy he died instead of having his life stabilized.