Thursday, April 28, 2011

Waiting for a Musical Instrument Repair


This Monday I went to fix my bow, something every string player unfortunately has to do every year. Since the place is so far away I asked to stay in the area until it was finished: two hours. I went to the library but it was going to be opened at 11:30 and I started talking to a homeless girl waiting outside. She was young and very attractive and could have been a model, but with some situation unknown to me she ended this way. I felt great empathy and wanted to give her a few dollars but she asked for nothing and I had nothing smaller than a twenty. Another homeless man came and I became very thirsty from being there for an hour in the sun.
        I got a water from the Bookshop and it was an excellent cafĂ© and bookstore and spread out my laptop. I got more change for the parking meter. I felt distraught from that situation earlier. She most the time has no where to sleep. They don’t want her in the park across the street and the cops there are fierce; I have heard many complain of cops that harass regular people like for stance one is black, or unusual.  
Homeless people should be sheltered with the necessary things of living and un luxury; but unfortunately low income people seek out those cheap thrills like cell phones, etc. many things that myself and others could live without. Erich Fromm said that the homeless should be sheltered and I am very strongly for that, and hope others in better situation can help others to the simplest forms of life.