Friday, March 12, 2010

Ukulele Tuner

I don't mind being the ukulele tuner. The friend who started playing ukulele was a trombone player, but renting the instrument at school couldn't afford one after school. He plays guitar too. You would think he started ukulele because of me, but he didn't that I know of, knows me as a viola player. I told him to use a guitar tuner and tune down the D two(flats)b's! making a C he would need for the rest of the notes are there A E G. I use a /violin/cello tuner for my ukuleles for the C is there. I asked why he doesn't buy a immediate student trombone and he says he has to pay to go out with his girlfriend, and the new used sports car he bought.
The other guy doesn't have a job now, but he plays Gibson Les Paul, but he was playing basson, and wants to play it, but out of school he can't pay for one. Those are expensive. He likes the oboe family and music of the Baroque. He comes from liking classic rock like Led Zeppelin, etc. I wonder I haven't seen too many Les Paul players that want to be bassonist, interesting. He is going to be a fireman, so that is sealed. There is too many fireman applications.
I like playing my mandolin and ukulele in the evening. It always seems to me that the soprano is more ukulele sounding than the tenor, and like playing that, acoustic guitar that is what I like late in the evening, maybe with somthing on the tele.